Wolves are fond of packs and wolf companions will bond quickly with their druid or ranger summoner. The wolf is a master of stealth and deception, and as it grows in power it can eventually use its mournful howl to frighten opponents.
Wolves, always the pack hunter, will follow the alpha male or female, be they wolf, human or demi-human.
Hit dice (level): 2 to 40
Challenge rating: 2 to 24
|fortitude||3 to 22|
|reflex||4 to 32|
|will||1 to 17|
Special abilities Edit
At master level 19, the wolf companion breaks from the above pattern by having a base damage of 2d6. (Possibly a bug or oversight.)
- This animal companion has one level more than its master until master level 40. (The master level 40 version is identical to the master level 39 version.) References to "level" with regards to this companion typically mean "master level".
- The wolf animal companion's dexterity increases rapidly, but only in the pre-epic levels. Specifically, dexterity increases by one for each level obtained up to master level 20 (wolf level 21), then does not increase after that.
- This animal companion's skills do not improve as level increases.
- The master level 12 version of this companion is bugged in that its AC is 2 lower than it should be (compared to other wolf companions).
- The master level 14 version of this companion has intelligence 8, wisdom 10, and charisma 11. (Probably a bug.)
- A fix for these bugs is available here.
- The tag of the master level 40 version of this companion is bugged in that it ends in "39" instead of "40".