cleric 6; sorcerer/wizard 6
Description: This spell slays 1d4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level (maximum 20d4). Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first; among creatures with equal HD, those closest to the point of origin of the burst are affected first.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- The slaying is done with divine damage equal to the target's current hit points. (Thus divine damage resistance or immunity – rare in general, and more so for undead creatures – could save a target.)
- This spell goes through walls, so it can inadvertently kill undead not yet seen by the caster.
- The number of hit dice affected is actually a single roll of a d4, which is then multiplied by the caster level.
- The maximized version of this spell is bugged in that it does not cap caster level, allowing a level 40 caster to slay 160 hit dice of undead. (The normal version can affect at most 80 hit dice.)
- The spell description incorrectly states that it affects the closest undead first; the most distant undead creature in the area of effect is affected first (possibly a bug).
- The type of save for this spell (will) happens to be the high save for the undead class, which is possessed by many of the undead race. This can make the DC an important consideration.
Custom content notes Edit