Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Taunt is used to provoke an enemy into dropping his guard for a short time.
- Ability: charisma
- Cross-class skill: yes
- Check: The difficulty class is a concentration check made by the target against the character's taunt skill roll. It is considered an attack. If the taunt is successful, the opponent suffers an armor class penalty equal to the difference between the Taunt roll and the defender's roll (to a max of a -6 penalty) for 5 rounds. The target will also suffer a 30% chance of spell failure, if they don't resist the taunt.
- Special: Taunt penalties are not cumulative.
- Use: Select skill and then target creature.
- If the taunt roll equals the concentration roll, the taunt is successful. There is no armor class (AC) reduction in this case, but the spell failure aspect does apply.
- A taunt can be attempted only once every six seconds, even though each attempt takes less time than that.
- This skill cannot be used by someone trying to remain unseen (as its use involves being seen). That is, it cannot be used while invisible or in stealth mode, even if it becomes clear that the target has seen through the attempt to remain unseen.
- Reducing an opponent's AC provides similar benefits to increasing the character's attack bonus, but without counting towards the +20 attack bonus cap.
- Taunt counts as an offensive action but is not an attack per se.
- A taunting character is flat-footed. This condition lasts for a bit less than a round, so it is possible to taunt a low-level opponent (one with at most one attack per round) without receiving an attack while flat-footed.
- If a character makes an attack of opportunity while taunting, the taunt is interrupted. However, unless the character exits combat mode, the next taunt is instant, allowing the character to continue attacking without interruption.