|3: searing light|
Description: A brilliant explosion occurs where the caster directs causing 1d6 points of magical damage per caster level (to a maximum of 25d6) to all undead. Non-undead creatures suffer only 6d6 damage. Vampires are destroyed instantly if they fail a reflex saving throw. All enemies in the area of effect must also make a successful reflex saving throw or be blinded permanently (the blindness can only be magically removed).
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The spell uses selective hostile targeting, so that only enemies are subject to its effects.
- For this spell, vampires are all creatures with either a case-insensitive subrace of "vampire" or a vampire appearance.
- This spell includes three reflex saving throws.
- Vampires make a saving throw or are destroyed by being dealt magical damage equal to their hit points (so damage resistance and damage immunity can prevent death).
- All except those failing the first save make a saving throw for half damage.
- All who are taking damage (see evasion) except those who failed the first save must make a saving throw to avoid blindness.
- Vampires tend to have high dexterity and lightning reflexes, hence relatively high reflex saves. So the DC of the save may be a concern when using this spell against them.
- The blindness is an ordinary, magical effect, requiring no special methods of removal. Simple resting (of the target or the caster) will remove it and it can be dispelled, in addition to restoration, remove blindness/deafness, etc.
Custom content notes Edit