Specifics: Summons to the paladin a faithful, magical beast — a warhorse mount. The beast is more powerful as the paladin gets more powerful.
Note: Horses and the ride skill are only used in the premium module "Neverwinter Nights - Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" and specific community-made modules.
- Added in patch 1.69.
- This ability can be used once per day.
- The summons lasts for 24 hours by default, but can be easily changed (via the local variable "
X3_HORSE_PALADIN_USE_PHB" on the module) to last for 2 hours per paladin level.
- The improvement with paladin levels is roughly +1 strength and intelligence and +2 hit dice and armor class at paladin levels 8, 11, 15, 25, 30, 35, and 40.
- Despite the note in this feat's description, paladins are capable of summoning and riding a mount in most modules. However, modules not designed with horses in mind are likely to either provide no benefit to a mounted character or become unbalanced with the introduction of a horse.
Custom content notes Edit
- The function
x3_inc_horseenforces the restriction that this ability can only be used by characters with at least five paladin levels.
- The mount is technically a henchman, not a summoned creature, in order to facilitate mounting and dismounting.