Specifics: A character with this feat can attempt a disabling strike with a -4 attack penalty and a -4 damage penalty. If successful, the target must succeed at a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the attacker's level + the attacker's wisdom modifier) or be held for three rounds. This attack may be used once per day for every four levels of the character.
Use: selected. Monks receive this feat for free at first level, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. As well, monks suffer no attack or damage penalties when using this feat and may use it once per day per level. Constructs and undead are immune to this attack, as are any creatures that are immune to critical hits.
- Monks may use this feat only once per day per monk level (even if their character level would otherwise qualify them for more uses).
- The uses per day for non-monks goes up on the levels immediately after a multiple of four, as if rounding all fractions up.
- As the name of the feat implies, this ability can only be used while unarmed.
- If a stunning fist attempt does not inflict damage, the attempt will fail.
- Immunity to mind-affecting spells does not protect a character from the stunning effect of this feat. However, the stun can be removed through normal means (e.g. clarity, greater restoration).
- Undead and constructs are not inherently immune to stunning fist, but will often have immunity to critical hits to give them immunity.
- Only immunity to critical hits and immunity to stun will prevent the stun from stunning fist.
- This is an effective way of dealing with stronger or more dexterous opponents, as they'll be unable to fight back for a brief time.
- The extra stunning attacks feat increases the number of stunning fist attacks per day. The improved stunning fist feat increases the save DC.
Previous versions Edit
- Prior to version 1.66, immunity to mind-affecting did protect a character from the stun.
Builder notes Edit
Item feat: No, but it can be added with custom content.
Custom content notes Edit
- This feat can be added to iprp_feats.2da to make it available as an item feat.