Specifics: Once a day, a blackguard of second level or higher may attempt to smite a good aligned enemy with one normal melee attack. The blackguard adds his charisma bonus to the attack roll and adds 1 extra point of damage per class level.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The attack bonus does not count towards the +20 attack bonus cap.
- A character can take the extra smiting feat to increase the smiting ability to 3 times per day.
- A character can take the great smiting feats to increase the damage.
- When used against a creature that is not good, smite good is wasted. This is reported to the player as "failed" (as opposed to "hit" or "miss").