Innate level: 2
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: long (40 meters)
Area of effect: large (5 meter radius), single creature
Duration: 1 round / level
Save: will negates
Spell resistance: yes
Description: Creates a zone of silence around the target creature, preventing all within the area of effect from casting spells with V (verbal) components. If cast on an ally, no saving throws or spell resistance checks are necessary.
- Creatures silenced by this spell are given 100% sonic damage immunity.
- Only the initial target is granted a saving throw (and then only if not an ally). If this save is passed, the spell has no effect. Similarly, if the initial target (is not an ally and) resists the spell, the spell has no effect.
- Once the spell is in effect, spell resistance checks are performed (even if the initial target was an ally) for each target that enters the affected area. (The targeting scheme is "standard hostile", so the PvP setting affects whether or not allies are considered targets at this stage.)
- The feat silent spell allows a caster to cast spells while silenced, as do the automatic silent spell epic feats.
- This spell is subject to the mobile area of effect bug, in which an area of effect can lag behind the character it is attached to, allowing that character to actually exit the area of effect if moving fast enough. This results in the spell ending prematurely. (A fix for this is available on the Vault.)
- This is the only illusion spell that is not part of the sorcerer/wizard spell list.
Custom content notesEdit
- primary script:
- OnEnter script:
- OnExit script:
- OnHearbeat script: