- This article is about the shifter spectre ability; for the shadow ability, see Shadow attack.
Description: If the caster succeeds with a melee touch attack and the target fails a fortitude save (DC 12 + shifter level/2) the target is drained 1d2 levels. This damage is multiplied by two on a touch attack critical hit.
- Shifters are the intended recipient of this ability; they gain it in the spectre form of undead shape.
- When the level drain would kill the target, this ability will sometimes (but rarely, due to a scripting limitation) instead attempt to kill the target with instant death that goes through death immunity.
- This ability also has listings as Shifter_Spectre_Attack.
- As with a spell, the use of this ability is susceptible to an attack of opportunity. However the casting time is instantaneous and thus it cannot be interrupted.
- This ability cannot be used while silenced.
- This ability corresponds to the first listing of "shadow attack" in the creature properties' special abilities tab in the Toolset.
- The script notes imply that this ability was originally intended to be a weaker form of shadow attack.
Custom content notesEdit