- Ranged weapons either can be missile weapons, which consume ammunition, or can be throwing weapons, which consume the weapon itself.
- Ranged weapons with unlimited ammunition will not accept alternative ammunition in the appropriate item slot for use.
- If a ranged weapon is used in melee, the attacker suffers a -4 penalty to the attack roll and provokes an attack of opportunity. The penalty can be eliminated by taking the point blank shot feat.
- If the target is running, the attacker suffers a -2 penalty to the attack roll.
- If the target is prone, the attacker suffers a -4 penalty to the attack roll.
- No ranged weapon may be wielded in the off-hand slot, nor can any weapon be wielded in the off-hand when a ranged weapon is in the main hand. That is, dual-wielding is not an option with ranged weapons.
See also: Category:Ranged weapons