Racial modifiers encompass all modifiers that are based on a character's race. In addition, some feat-based modifiers are called racial modifiers when the feat is a racial feat. Strictly speaking, Neverwinter Nights only has "true" racial modifiers for ability scores.
Most of the playable races have adjustments to their ability scores. These adjustments are applied after the point buy system, allowing characters to start with certain ability scores as high as 20 or as low as 6. The racial ability modifiers are as follows.
- Dwarf: +2 constitution, -2 charisma
- Elf: +2 dexterity, -2 constitution
- Gnome: +2 constitution, -2 strength
- Half-orc: +2 strength, -2 intelligence, -2 charisma
- Halfling: +2 dexterity, -2 strength
Humans and half-elves do not have racial ability modifiers.