Out-of-character (OOC) refers to any conversation or actions which come from the actual person behind the player character.
- Talking about the real world
- "Did you catch the game on TV last night?"
- "I have to go, dinner is ready."
- Talking about game mechanics
- Talking about the game itself or about things your character wouldn't know
- "You have to open his dialog to get the quest started."
- "Its under 'Special Attacks' on your radial menu."
- "I remember from chemistry in high school how you make gunpowder."
See also: metagaming