|1: charm person|
2: charm person or animal
3: charm monster
8: mass charm
Innate level: 8
Range: short (8 meters)
Area of effect: large (5 meter radius)
Duration: 1 round /
level 2 levels
Save: will negates
Spell resistance: yes
Description: In the eyes of all non-allied creatures within the area of effect, the personal reputation of the caster is improved by 50%. The caster can charm up to twice his
hit dicecaster level in creatures.
- The in-game spell description states that this spell lasts one round per level, but it actually lasts one round per two (caster) levels.
- When extended, this spell lasts 1 round per caster level, which is marginally more than twice the non-extended version at odd caster levels.
- Unlike most charm spells this spell can charm player characters and their associates.
- The term "non-allied" may be misleading. Depending on PvP settings, the spell can affect members of the caster's party in the area of effect and the caster, too.
- This spell only affects humanoids, even though its description says "creatures".
- Contrary to the in-game description, the limit on hit dice is one less than twice the caster level.
- Targets who resist the spell or make their saves still count against the HD limit.
- Merchants under the influence of this spell will suffer a -15 penalty to their opposed appraise check (if they make one) when opening their store. This usually means that prices are adjusted 15% (of the item's value) in the PC's favor.
Custom content notes Edit