|2: lesser dispel|
3: dispel magic
6: greater dispelling
9: Mordenkainen's disjunction
Description: This spell attempts to strip all magical effects from a single target. It can also target a group of creatures, attempting to remove the most powerful spell effect from each creature. To remove an effect from a creature the caster makes a dispel check of 1d20, +1 per caster level (to a maximum of +5) against a DC of
11 12 + the spell effect's caster level.
- The in-game description of this spell erroneously reports that it is affected by spell resistance; lesser dispel does not check spell resistance.
- The DC is incorrectly reported in-game; it is actually 12 + caster level, with some vagaries in the determination of the effective caster level. See dispel for details.
- The in-game description incorrectly reports the innate level of this spell as 1.
- If used as an area of effect, this spell will also attempt to dispel any area of effect spells centered in affected area.
- Most of the spells of a level 14 caster are immune to lesser dispel, as the dispeller's best possible roll is 25 (20+5), while the DC is 26 (12+14).
Previous versions Edit
- Prior to version 1.69, this spell could not be stilled.
Custom content notes Edit