Specifics: At second level, an arcane archer gains the ability to summon a magical arrow and fire it at an enemy. If it hits, it explodes as a fireball spell, doing fire damage to all hostile creatures in the area of effect.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- This ability can be used three times per day.
- If the arrow hits the target (using a ranged touch attack), it deals magical damage equal to the archer's enchant arrow bonus and deals piercing damage equal to the sum of weapon base damage (d6 for a shortbow or d8 for a longbow), strength modifier, weapon specialization (if applicable), and epic weapon specialization (if applicable). The piercing damage (only) is tripled in the case of a critical hit.
- The fireball damage is 10d6 plus 1d6 for every 2 arcane archer (AA) levels above 10; e.g., a 16th level arcane archer would inflict 13d6 damage. This allows a reflex saving throw for half damage, with a DC of 10 + AA level + dexterity modifier. The fireball occurs even if the arrow misses.
- The fireball uses "selective hostile" targeting, meaning that it will never damage party members.
Custom content notes Edit
- impact script: