|1: bless weapon|
4: holy sword
Description: This spell transforms the caster's melee weapon into a powerful holy avenger, a specially blessed weapon that, when wielded by paladin, acts like a +5 holy weapon that dispels magic on-hit, delivers an additional +1d6 divine damage against evil aligned creatures and grants the wielder a spell resistance of 16.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- For details of the dispel check and effects for non-paladins, see the holy avenger article.
- An existing holy avenger property will block the addition of the holy avenger property from this spell. In particular, a player should wait for this spell to expire before casting it again on the same weapon.
- The holy avenger property cannot be added to creature weapons.
- If this spell is cast on a weapon with an enhancement bonus greater than +5, that larger bonus will apply (as expected) for the duration of this spell. However, once holy sword expires, a bug in the game causes the weapon's enhancement bonus to be effectively reduced to +5 until the weapon is unequipped. (Once the weapon is re-equipped, it will again function as expected.)
- This spell can be cast with extend spell if a level 5 paladin spell slot is obtained (from an item property, which still requires a base wisdom of 15).
Custom content notes Edit