Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Holy Avenger is an item property that, when used by paladin, acts like a +5 enhancement holy weapon that dispels magic on hit, delivers an additional +1d6 divine damage against evil aligned creatures, and grants the caster a spell resistance of 16.
Only a paladin can gain the benefit of this property on a weapon. If the character has no paladin levels, this counts as a +2 enhancement with the dispel ability.
- A use magic device (UMD) score that is high enough to allow emulation of a specific alignment for a given weapon will allow a character to gain the full benefits of a holy avenger property on that item (as if she were a paladin). This requirement stands regardless of the actual alignment of the character (even those of a paladin's alignment, lawful good). The score required for the standard holy avenger item (a longsword with the holy avenger property and a +2 enhancement bonus) is 25, while the score required for a weapon with no properties other than holy avenger is 15.
- The dispel effect, whose caster level is 10, has a 50% chance of triggering.
- The dispel used by this weapon is powerful in that it can dispel petrification and extraordinary effects (e.g. aura of fear, turn undead), which cannot be dispelled by spells. It does not, however, dispel supernatural effects.
- The dispel effect will not trigger if no physical damage is inflicted by a hit. For example, if someone had epic warding up and was hit by a holy avenger for 50 points of damage or less (before damage reduction), the dispel effect will not trigger.
- The fourth level paladin spell holy sword temporarily grants a weapon the holy avenger property.