Halflings are clever, capable, and resourceful survivors. They are notoriously curious, and show a daring that many larger people can't match. They can be lured by wealth, but tend to spend rather than hoard. Halflings have ruddy skin, hair that is black and straight, and brown or black eyes. Halfling men often grow long sideburns, but rarely beards or moustaches. They prefer practical clothing, and would rather wear a comfortable shirt than jewelry. Halflings stand about 3 feet tall, and commonly live to see 150.
- Skill affinity (move silently): +2 racial bonus to move silently checks.
- Skill affinity (listen): +2 racial bonus to listen checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the fear subtype.
- Good aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
- Small stature: Halflings are small creatures, giving them some benefits and drawbacks.
- +1 size modifier to attack rolls.
- +1 size modifier to AC.
- +4 size bonus to standard stealth and detection checks (modifies hide, listen, move silently, and spot).
- Cannot use tower shields.
- Cannot use large weapons.
- At character creation, choosing a package other than the default may give halfling characters starting equipment or weapon-related feats (at any level) that they cannot use.
PC default biographyEdit
"You may be short, but you're quick and full of spirit. You've recently wandered into human settlements, eager to see what you can learn from the tall-folk."
- The bonus to dexterity and affinity for moving silently allow halflings to edge out gnomes (the other small playable race) as the stealthiest of the playable races.
- Often stereotyped as jolly thieves and pranksters.
- In the Forgotten Realms, the proper word for the race is "hin", while "halfling" is slang used by humans.