- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- This form of shapeshifting cannot be dispelled.
- At shifter level 10, unlimited uses of this ability are gained via infinite greater wildshape III.
- The shapes are replaced by stronger epic versions at shifter level 15.
- Manticore spikes choose "standard hostile" targets, meaning that under the "hardcore" difficulty setting in a "Full PvP" area, the spikes will target allies as well as enemies.
- Because the manticore spikes target an area, this attack has interesting properties not intuitive for a volley of spikes.
- Manticore spikes will seek out all targets near the nominal target, including those not in the shifter's line of sight.
- Targeting a point just the right distance from a group of enemies can cause only some of that group to be in the area of effect, resulting in fewer creatures being targeted, hence more spikes per target. If the result is a single target, and five spikes successfully hit this target, damage is 5 times 5d4, or 25-100.
- Manticore spikes do not have a magical bonus to attack, so they are affected by all forms of damage reduction. Furthermore, damage reduction applies per spike, not per volley. Thus, since the maximum damage of a single spike is 20, damage reduction of 20/+1 will completely block all damage from manticore spikes, barring critical hits. (See also perfect self.)
Non-epic forms Edit
- The following table shows the character's new strength, dexterity, constitution and AC (before applying item bonuses). Note that only the highest AC bonus from items will merge. Furthermore, off-hand weapon and bracer/gauntlet/glove properties never merge.
|basilisk||16||-||-||20 (+10 dodge)||+30||BAB + 3||bite 1d8+3 (20/x2)||petrification gaze||yes||armor|
|drider||16||16||15||20 (+8 dodge, +3 dex, -1 size modifier||+20||BAB + 5||+2 drider spear 1d8+3 (20/x3) +2 piercing|
on-hit: poison [DC=16] 1d2 str
|manticore||20||19||15||21 (+7 dodge, +4 dex)||+30||BAB + 5||claw/claw/bite 2d4+5/2d4+5/1d8+5 (20/x2)||manticore spikes||yes||armor|
- The basilisk's petrification gaze is limited to one use per day, plus one use for every five shifter levels. The drider's darkness ability is limited to one use per day, plus one use for every ten shifter levels. These limits are imposed via scripting and are not reported in the graphical user interface.
Epic forms Edit
- These improved greater wildshape III forms are gained at shifter level 15. Daily limits on special abilities are the same as for non-epic forms.
|epic basilisk||17||17||-||23 (+10 dodge, +3 dex)||+60||BAB + 3||bite 1d8+3 (20/x2)||petrification gaze||yes||armor|
|epic drider||19||17||18||24 (+8 dodge, +3 dex, +4 deflection, -1 size modifier||+60||BAB + 9||+5 drider spear 1d8+4 (20/x3) +5 piercing|
on-hit: poison [DC=20] 1d2 str
magic missile, unlimited (number of missiles tagged to caster class level, 5 missiles at caster level 9)
discipline +6, hide +8, move silently +8
damage reduction 5/+20
|epic manticore||20||19||-||30 (+12 dodge, +4 dex, +4 deflection)||+60||BAB + 5||claw/claw/bite 2d4+5/2d4+5/1d8+5 (20/x2)||damage reduction 5/+20 |
- Off-hand weapon and bracer/gauntlet/glove properties never merge.
- The spell magic missile corresponds to the same spell as can be found in a spell book. Quickslotting (even with meta-magic) from the spell book can allow an infinite casting of that spell (see shifted ability).
Custom content notes Edit