A gelatinous cube, nearly transparent, travels slowly along dungeon corridors and cave floors, absorbing carrion, creatures and trash.
Special abilities Edit
A gelatinous cube causes paralysis on-hit for d3+3 rounds, if a DC 16 saving throw is failed. In addition, every six seconds, any non-friendly creature within 4 meters of a gelatinous cube will be "engulfed" if a DC 13 reflex save is failed. Engulfed creatures take d6 acid damage and (if not immune to paralysis) must make a DC 16 fortitude save versus poison to avoid being paralyzed for d3+3 rounds.
- More precisely, the engulf DC is 9 plus the creature's hit dice.
- Requires the Hordes of the Underdark expansion.
- This creature has a slow movement rate.
- Gelatinous cubes are not solid creatures, so other creatures can walk through one.
- The (huge) gelatinous cubes in the Hordes of the Underdark official campaign have 100% immunity to acid damage, 90% immunity to physical damage, and immunity to critical hits, disease, fear, knockdown, level drain, ability drain, mind-affecting spells, paralysis, poison, and sneak attacks. However, these immunities were not transferred to the standard creature.