Gaseous form: The barely visible, incorporeal form of a creature moves with the wind...
Special abilities Edit
A gaseous form is a plot creature, so is generally immune to everything harmful. Should this flag be turned off, this creature will still have the usual undead immunities to critical hits, death magic, disease, level drain, ability drain, mind-affecting spells, paralysis, poison, and sneak attacks.
Though doing no physical damage beyond the minimum enforced by the game engine, the creature weapon of a gaseous form drains a point of strength on-hit if the target fails a DC 11 fortitude saving throw.
- When spawned, this creature will either immediately self-destruct or move to a particular placeable. Upon reaching that placeable, this creature will spawn another creature then destroy itself.
- The intended use of this creature is as the gaseous form of a slain vampire. In this scenario, a gaseous form is created when the vampire dies, and the placeable would be the vampire's sarcophagus. This has the result of an effectively immortal vampire until the sarcophagus is destroyed.
Builder notes Edit
- The placeable this creature moves to is the one whose tag matches this creature's ("NW_VAMPIRE_SHAD" on the blueprint, but often changed when spawned). This tag should be unique among placeables.
- The creature spawned by a gaseous form is the one whose ResRef is stored in the local string
NW_L_MYCREATORon the gaseous form.
- The default script for creating a gaseous form is the standard vampire's OnDeath event handler,
nw_c2_vampire7. This script will change the tag of the gaseous form to match that of the vampire and set the local string to the slain vampire's ResRef. This almost allows easy implementation of vampires and sarcophagi, except it only really supports the default vampire's tag ("NW_VAMPIRE"), which limits the default implementation to one such vampire per module. However, changing the ResRef of the gaseous form in this script from '
GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) + "_SHAD"' to '
"nw_vampire_shad"' would allow multiple such vampires, provided each has this script as their OnDeath event handler, each has a unique tag, and each sarcophagus is placed in the same area as the matching vampire.