Description: (PRESTIGE CLASS) The Duelist is a nimble, intelligent fighter trained in making precise attacks with light weapons, such as the rapier. Also known as the swashbuckler, the Duelist always takes full advantage of his quick reflexes and wits in a fight. Rather than wearing bulky armor, Duelists feel that the best way to protect themselves is to not get hit at all.
Hit die: d10
Base attack bonus progression: 1 BAB per level
Special abilities & feats Edit
- Level 1 Canny defense
- Level 2 Thug
- Level 3 Spring attack
- Level 4 Grace (+2)
- Level 5 Precise strike (+1d4)
- Level 6 Acrobatic attack (+2)
- Level 7 Elaborate parry
- Level 8 Improved initiative
- Level 9 Deflect arrows
- Level 10 Precise strike (+2d4)
Epic duelist Edit
You have become the epitome of graceful, precise lethality. In your hands, a light piercing weapon transforms into a glittering blur of razor sharp steel able to turn any blow and strike past any defense.
- Level 13 Acrobatic attack (+4)
- Level 15 Precise strike (+3d4)
- Level 20 Precise strike (+4d4), acrobatic attack (+6)
- Level 25 Precise strike (+5d4)
- Level 27 Acrobatic attack (+8)
- Level 30 Precise strike (+6d4)
Bonus feats: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28
Epic bonus feats: blinding speed, epic prowess, epic reputation, epic skill focus, epic weapon focus, epic reflexes, improved whirlwind attack, superior initiative, greater two-weapon fighting, great dexterity
- Requires the PRC Expansion Pack.
- A duelist loses canny defense, precise strike, and grace while wearing any armor or shield.