|3: dominate animal|
4: dominate person
7: control undead
9: dominate monster
Innate level: 9
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: medium (20 meters)
Area of effect: single
Duration: 3 turns + 1 / 2 levels
Save: will negates
Spell resistance: yes
- The duration of this spell increases only every other caster level, even though the description says there is an increase each level.
- When cast against a player character or a PC's associate, this spell causes a dazed effect instead.
- The duration of the daze effect, if at least 4 rounds and the target is a PC, is halved under the normal game difficulty setting, and quartered under easier settings.
- This is one of the few spells that can still be effective in PvP against high level fighter-types whose fortitude is too high to be vulnerable to "save or die" spells.
- Merchants under the influence of this spell will suffer a -20 penalty to their opposed appraise check (if they make one) when opening their store. This usually means that prices are adjusted 20% (of the item's value) in the PC's favor.
- Dominated creatures are associates and increase the party size penalty for experience points.
Custom content notes Edit