The dire wolf is a strong companion, able to stand up at the forefront of combat and defend its master. The dire wolf is feared by many but loved by few. For a creature of their size and power, they are surprising nimble.
Alignment: true neutral
Armor class: 14 to 24 (including the size modifier)
Hit points: 23 to 246
Attack bonus: +3 to +33/+28/+23
at level 1: 1d10+4 slashing damage
at level 40: 2d12+9 slashing damage
Hit dice (level): 1 to 40
Challenge rating: 2 to 25
|fortitude||3 to 23|
|reflex||4 to 34|
|will||1 to 17|
Special abilities Edit
A dire wolf companion's natural attack (a bite) increases in base damage and enhancement bonus as levels are gained.
- The dire wolf animal companion's dexterity increases rapidly, but only in the pre-epic levels. Specifically, dexterity increases by one for each level obtained up to level 20, then does not increase after that.
- This animal companion's skills do not improve as level increases.
- The master level 15 version of this companion is bugged in that has only 14 hit dice.
- The level 16 version of this companion is bugged in that it has no skill ranks.
- A fix for these bugs is available here.