Dice are items with multiple sides used to randomly decide the outcome of an event. This is done with a dice roll. The singular form of "dice" is "die", i.e., one die, two or more dice.
- d2 : a (simulated) die with 2 sides
- d3 : a (simulated) die with 3 sides
- d4 : a die with 4 sides
- d6 : a die with 6 sides
- d8 : a die with 8 sides
- d10 : a die with 10 sides
- d12 : a die with 12 sides
- d20 : a die with 20 sides
- d100: a die with 100 sides
In pen and paper, a d100 is typically simulated with two non-identical d10s, where one d10 represents the tens digit and the other the ones. A d2 or d3 is simulated with a d4 or d6, where the result is halved.