- A "missile attack" is any normal attack performed with a ranged weapon.
- A character must have an empty main hand slot or an empty off-hand slot in order to deflect arrows. In addition, the main hand must not be wielding a ranged weapon, nor a large weapon (the size of the wielder does not matter).
- Misses (including auto-misses) can be deflected, consuming this feat for the round.
- Most of the time, this feat works only while the deflector's current action (in the action queue) is "attack", and for six seconds after the deflector has made an attack.
- The exception to the above is that a creature's first attack within a gaming session can be deflected by anyone who is not flat-footed.
- The deflected missile is reported as a "parried" attack.
- Each round's deflection attempt will be made against the attacker whose attack flurry occurs first within that (deflector's) combat round, and it will be against the first attack in that flurry. (This can lead to an appearance of randomness when the attack rounds are not in sync.)
- Arcane archers, assassins, and blackguards are unable to select this feat.
Item feat: No, but it can be added with custom content.
Custom content notesEdit