Innate level: 1
Descriptor: weapon enchantment
Components: verbal, somatic
Area of effect: single creature or melee weapon
Duration: 1 round / level
Spell resistance: no
Description: You empower a weapon with a +1 attack bonus and a +3 sonic damage bonus. Also, the weapon gains the ability to deafen the creature that is struck like a thunderstone. The attack bonus will not stack with existing enhancement bonus or holy avenger properties.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- An existing attack bonus (temporary or permanent) will block the addition of the attack bonus from this spell. The damage bonus, on the other hand, will replace an existing temporary damage bonus. In particular, casting this spell on the same weapon before an earlier casting expires will not extend the duration of the attack bonus (nor of the on-hit deafen), but will extend the duration of the damage bonus.
- This spell can be cast on seemingly unarmed creatures (such as animals) to target one of their natural weapons. The "right" slot is targeted if possible; the "bite" slot otherwise. A creature with only a "left" weapon (e.g. some polymorphs) will not benefit from this spell.
- As with a thunderstone, the deafness lasts for five rounds, and there is a DC 15 fortitude save (versus sonic, unlike thunderstone) to negate the deafness.
Custom content notes Edit
- on hit deafen script:
- The on-hit script is configured to make the duration of the deafness equal to one round per caster level, and the DC equal to 10 + caster level. Deafening clang causes this on-hit: cast spell property to have a caster level of 5, hence the DC and duration for this spell.
- The name of the associated item property states the DC and duration assuming a caster level of 5. Using this item property with a different caster level makes the in-game description inaccurate.