The character knows how to create most types of armor, shields, and helmets from different materials.
- Ability: intelligence
- Classes: arcane archer, assassin, barbarian, bard, blackguard, champion of Torm, cleric, druid, dwarven defender, fighter, Harper scout, monk, paladin, pale master, ranger, red dragon disciple, rogue, shifter, sorcerer, wizard
- Cross-class skill: yes
- Check: Based on the difficulty to craft this particular item (see in-game crafting menu)
- Use: Use crafting component
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- This skill does not allow the creation of magical armor.
- If a player has a modified score of 6 points in craft weapon or craft armor, then creatures, placeables, and doors can drop basic crafting material based on their appearance (see creature articles for the material dropped).
- This skill can be used to change the appearance of armor. The DC for the skill check is 5 + the armor's total AC + the highest DC modifier for a changed part. The gold piece cost is a percentage of the item's current value, summed over all parts changed (with a minimum of one gold piece per part). Parts with a "left" and a "right" (e.g. feet) do count as two parts when summing costs. (The total cost can never exceed the item's value + 1, though this rarely occurs as the percentages add up to 93%.) This amount is charged even when the skill check is failed. The DC modifiers and gold costs (defined in des_crft_aparts.2da) are shown below:
|Part||Gold cost||DC modifier|
- Additionally, this skill can be used modify the "robe" of the armor to "casual", "formal", "sleeveless wizard's robe", "wizard's robe", or none. (The "robe" of the armor is a special appearance that visually replaces multiple parts of the armor.) This modification can be accomplished free of charge (at 0 DC).
- Plot armor cannot be modified.
- This skill can be used to create armor or an armor component from raw material. The gold piece cost, DC, and components are given in the below table, with 1/4 the gold cost charged and loss of components if the skill check is failed.
|Armor/crafting material||DC||Gold Cost||Components|
|Helmet pot||12||1||bar of iron or bar of steel|
|Iron bands||10||3||bar of iron|
|Iron spikes||12||1||bar of iron|
|Leather patches||11||1||leather hide|
|Leather armor torso||11||5||leather hide|
|Oaken shield body||12||3||plank of oak wood|
|Steel chain armor tunic||14||5||bar of steel|
|Steel plated armor chest||17||25||bar of steel|
|Steel shield body||15||15||bar of steel|
|Woolen cloth||11||1||bolt of cloth|
|Woolen cloth pads||12||1||bolt of cloth|
|Bard's tunic||11||1||woolen cloth, leather patches|
|Monk's outfit||11||1||woolen cloth, leather patches|
|Pale master's robe||11||1||woolen cloth, woolen cloth pads|
|Priest's robe||12||5||woolen cloth, woolen cloth pads|
|Rogue's tunic||11||1||woolen cloth, leather patches|
|Sorcerer's robe||11||1||woolen cloth, leather patches|
|Warrior's tunic||11||1||woolen cloth, woolen cloth pads|
|Wizard's robe||12||1||woolen cloth, woolen cloth pads|
|Woodsman outfit||11||7||woolen cloth, woolen cloth pads|
|Padded armor||11||2||woolen cloth, leather patches|
|Leather armor||12||5||leather armor torso, woolen cloth pads|
|Hide armor||13||7||leather armor torso, woolen cloth pads|
|Studded leather armor||13||7||leather armor torso, iron rings or iron spikes|
|Chain shirt||14||50||steel chain armor tunic, woolen cloth pads|
|Scale mail||14||50||steel plated armor chest, leather patches or woolen cloth pads|
|Mithral shirt||30||12,200||bar of mithral|
|Breastplate||15||75||steel plated armor chest, leather patches or woolen cloth pads|
|Chainmail||15||75||steel chain armor tunic, leather patches|
|Adamantine chainmail||28||1,700||bar of adamantine|
|Mithral chainmail||30||12,200||bar of mithral|
|Banded mail||16||100||leather armor torso, iron bands|
|Splint mail||16||100||steel chain armor tunic, leather patches or woolen cloth pads|
|Half plate||17||300||steel plated armor chest, leather patches or woolen cloth pads|
|Full plate||18||750||steel plated armor chest, leather patches or woolen cloth pads|
|Adamantine full plate||30||2,800||bar of adamantine|
|Fighter helmet||11||2||helmet pot, feathers|
|Paladin helmet||11||2||helmet pot, feathers|
|Adamantine helmet||25||2,500||bar of adamantine|
|Small shield||11||4||oaken shield body, iron bands|
|Ironwood small shield||21||5,200||ironwood planks|
|Mithral shield||28||22,000||bar of mithral|
|Large shield||13||25||oaken shield body, iron bands|
|Ironwood large shield||22||5,100||ironwood planks|
|Tower shield||15||50||steel shield body, iron bands|
|Ironwood tower shield||21||5,000||ironwood planks|
When having robes or armor in sleeveless wizard's robe, casual robe, wizard's robe, or formal robe and try modifying the arms, there is a different note saying you modify like pelvis—in truth you modify gloves.
Custom content notesEdit
- modification dialogue:
- The local integer for the module of "X2_L_DO_NOT_ALLOW_MODIFY_ARMOR" is supposed to disallow armor modification when set to a non-zero value, however the script
x2_im_can_caneglects to check for this.
- Local variables stored on armor will be lost if the skill check to modify is failed, or the crafting is aborted.