2: continual flame
Description: This creates a magical flame that burns as bright as a torch
until dispelled. It can be cast on any item that can be equipped to create a permanent source of light.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The innate level is incorrectly reported as 3 by the in-game description.
- Continual flame is not removed by dispelling.
- When used on an item, this spell increases its price as it adds a permanent item property. This can be exploited for gold, by casting continual flame on every item that will be sold to a merchant. Many servers disallow this exploit, especially when the item in question was bought solely for the purpose of enchanting then selling at a profit.
- In pen and paper, continual flame is in the evocation spell school, so some consider it a bug that BioWare has classified this spell as illusion.
- When cast on a creature, the effect of this spell prevents use of the shadowblend ability.
Custom content notes Edit