Special: Monks receive this feat at first level.
- This feat cannot be used while wielding a ranged weapon.
- Only one cleave attack is allowed in a combat round, even if multiple opponents are killed in that round (due to multiple attacks per round). This limitation is removed with great cleave.
- The kill must be caused by damage from the weapon itself. Damage from on-hit properties, such as from darkfire or flame weapon, will not trigger a cleave when that damage kills an opponent.
- If a sneak attack is possible, sneak attack damage will be applied to a successful cleave without special mention in the combat log.
- Characters with many attacks per round (e.g. dual-kama-wielding monks) seem to trigger cleave improperly, executing the cleave on the current target. This most often happens on a target that would be killed by the next attack in the flurry (turning the cleave into the killing blow).
- In certain situations, a kill does not have to occur in order to trigger a cleave. For example, a character dealt enough damage to kill a badly wounded target. Before the blow is landed, the target heals itself such that the blow will no longer kill it — a cleave will occur nonetheless.
Item feat: yes
Custom content notesEdit