|Big green hands|
|5: Bigby's interposing hand|
6: Bigby's forceful hand
7: Bigby's grasping hand
8: Bigby's clenched fist
9: Bigby's crushing hand
Description: A giant hand appears and attacks the target. If it hits and succeeds in a grapple check, the target is held fast for the duration of the spell and suffers 2d6+12 points of bludgeoning damage each round.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The grapple check starts with a modified attack roll:
d20 + caster's ability modifier + caster level + 12 - 1.
- If this roll meets or exceeds the target's armor class, then an actual grapple is attempted:
caster: d20 + ability modifier + caster level + 12 + 4 vs. target: d20 + strength modifier + BAB + size modifier.
- A tie means a successful grapple.
- For these checks, casters with wizard levels use their intelligence modifier, and all other casters use charisma.
- If the target is immune to either paralysis or mind-affecting spells, the target will be immobilized instead of paralyzed. This allows the target to perform actions while held stationary, but makes it harder to remove this spell.
- Paralysis (hence also the "normal" version of this spell) can be removed with remove paralysis, freedom of movement, or restoration. (There are no special ways to remove immobilization, though.) Removing the paralysis also removes the hand and associated damage.
Custom content notesEdit