Specifics: This feat allows the character to cast spells with a moment of thought. This feat may be taken multiple times:
- Automatic quicken spell I: Quicken any level 0 - 3 spells.
- Automatic quicken spell II: Quicken any level 4 - 6 spells.
- Automatic quicken spell III: Quicken any level 7 - 9 spells.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- The "ability to cast level 9 spells" may be better understood as the ability to learn level 9 spells (as wizards are not required to know spells of the highest level they can cast).
- This feat provides the benefits of quicken spell without the need to use a spell slot of a higher level than normal. In particular, casting a quickened spell while hastened does not further reduce casting time, as both quickened and hastened have the same effect on casting time.
- The in-game description is incorrect in regards to interruption and countering.
- Quickened spells can be interrupted if damage is received and the concentration check is failed. However, a quickened spell does not provoke an attack of opportunity, so the chance of receiving damage at the right moment is decreased.
- Quickened spells can be countered normally, unless the caster is hastened. If the caster is hastened, the counterspeller must also be hastened to successfully counterspell.
- This feat can be selected by bards. However, a bard cannot achieve the 9th level spell requirement on its own, so 17 levels of cleric, druid, or wizard, or 18 levels of sorcerer, would be needed.
Custom content notesEdit
- A custom class must have this feat in their feat list, or that class will not be able to select it as a general feat.