A successful check allows a character to charm or dominate certain creatures.
- Ability: charisma
- Cross-class: no
- Requires training: yes
- Check: Animals and dire animals have a difficulty class of 15 + the creature's hit dice. For beasts and magical beasts, the DC is 19 + the creature's hit dice. If the check succeeds, the creature is dominated.
- Special: If the character fails their check by five or more, the creature will go hostile.
- Use: Select this skill (from the quickbar) and then select the target creature. Dominated creatures will be commanded as if they were henchmen. The creature will remain dominated for one turn per level of the character using the skill.
- This skill can also be selected from the radial menu of the target creature.
- This skill does not work on some creatures one might consider animals, such as vermin and hell hounds. (Hell hounds are in fact outsiders.)
- This skill does not work on creatures with immunity to mind-affecting spells, as domination is a mind-affecting effect.
- This skill cannot be used by someone trying to remain unseen (as its use involves being seen). That is, it cannot be used while invisible or in stealth mode, even if it becomes clear that the target has seen through the attempt to remain unseen.
- Characters may take 20 with this skill when not in combat. This is usually only applicable to non-hostile creatures, but can be used with hostile creatures if the empathy is attempted in the brief time between an animal spotting and attacking the one using this skill.